Grand Rim Construction

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Tue, 02 May 2000 13:43:32 -0500

>Ron
>How do you explain the kerfed rim that Bosendorfer uses?
>
>Paul Chick

I don't, can't, and won't try. I've only tuned two Bosendorfers in the last
twenty years. One, an 9'6", had a bass that would knock the bark off of
trees across the street, and a treble that comparatively seemed hardly
there at all. The other was a 7' - thereabouts - that I remember as having
a very pretty, very clear, very thin sound. It's been nearly fifteen years
since I looked one over, and wouldn't have had much of a clue what I was
looking at then anyway.

PS: My spell checker tries to change "Bosendorfers" to "Boreholes", and
"Bosendorfer" to "Boredom". I don't think that means anything, but it
seemed like something I ought to report.

Ron N