Steinway vertical input desired

Brian Trout btrout@desupernet.net
Tue, 2 May 2000 14:14:14 -0400

Hi List,

I have an old Steinway vertical that's sitting here in my shop, waiting for
me to rebuild.  I own it, so there's no major rush.  It's in pretty poor
condition, but I had acquired it with the intention of giving it the 'works'
anyway.  So it will get a new board and block and a bunch of new action
stuff, you know, the works.

I don't know much about it though.  I'll lay out what I can find, in case
someone out there might know what it is.

Serial # 60624
Ebonized (printed on the plate)
48 1/2 inches high
85 notes
2 pedals

also found raised lettering on the plate:  28/5.87 and right underneath
that: 1197

Any idea of what model it might be? or how old? or what it might be worth
finished? just a guess?

I haven't really taken this thing apart other than just the top and bottom
boards.  I might have missed something important.?

Any thoughts or comments would certainly be welcome.  No hurry.

Thanks,

Brian Trout
Quarryville, PA
btrout@desupernet.net