Ghost In The Machine?

Daniel Jackson tunemwell@rcn.com
Mon, 01 May 2000 13:09:03 -0500

Phil Bondi wrote:

> Had the great pleasure to work with Harry Connick Jr. yesterday.
>
> His S&S 'D' was doing something I had never heard before - up around G#6, I
> started hearing 2 ghost tones(A#5 and D6) as I would play - never heard
> anything
> Rook

	I had a 'ghost' in a S&S D once that turned out to be coming from one
unison in the 6th octave between the bridge and hitch pin. When a
particular note was played in the upper 4th octave the overtone would
start up that kept on ringing. After several visits and consistently
producing it, I felted off a bit of that area. How did your ghostly
sounds express themselves? Since it disappeared it might not have been
from the piano. Maybe Harry will play around here sometime.
						Dan