Cortisone shot

Clarks11628@AOL.COM Clarks11628@AOL.COM
Sun, 30 Apr 2000 21:31:11 EDT

I had one in my shoulder years ago, when I slipped holding my baby daughter,
and fell protecting her from the fall.  I landed on my elbow, breaking loose
an old calcium deposit under the muscles encasing the top of the shoulder,
upper arm.
    I remember that the orthopod put some novocain in the shot, and that the
shot itself did not hurt all that much.  But, when the pain killer wore off,
I remember pain so bad that it made me sick  for a couple of hours.  But the
end result was that it has never hurt me again.  I now have developed
numbness in the fingers and hand when I raise my arm for an extended period,
like when tuning an upright sitting down
(I have long arms).  Maybe this is the start of carpal tunnel problems?
Clark Sprague