Jumpy strings?

dale r fox foxpiano@juno.com
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 17:00:33 -0800

On Thu, 30 Mar 2000 19:28:14 EST Wimblees@AOL.COM writes:
> In a message dated 3/30/00 7:24:09 PM !!!First Boot!!!,
> gnewell@EN.COM writes:
>
> << what I'm really trying to do is understand
>  why the problem is there. .... but what caused it in the first
> place? >>

Probably,  alittle oxidation (or should I say rust) has formed where the
wire meets the felt.  Sometimes the PH of the dye is a little on the acid
side and doesn't get completely nuetralized in the rinse process.  You
will see this same phenomenom on some of those lovely Aeolian uprights
where the spring rail felt contacts the butt springs and they are
breaking like crazy.  Time, moisture and a ph below 7 make for oxidation,
 given enough of any of the culprits.  The best bet I've seen so far is
the Protek CLP advice you've been given several times.  Judiciously
applied,  it will not migrate and will likely solve your headache
immediately.  A few drops at each unison should do the job.

Dale F
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.