too much "pounding!"

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 22:49:16 -0500

I can't help but feel that if you are hitting the keys so hard as to almost
cripple
your fingers then you are doing considerable damage to the keyboard, not to
mention
using implements of destruction. As long as you are playing harder than the
pianist,
in normal playing; it will stay. In a home situation, I don't see the need
to bully the
piano into stability.

Know your customer. Ask them to play for you. This will help you in your
tuning style
and assistance with regulation. A light touch demands closer tolerances,
which will
increase dynamics.  There is more than tuning the piano while you are there.

Home tuning is not concert tuning, don't wear yourself out on them.
Save it for performance venues unless, you need the practice...

But don't get crazy,

Jon Page