No EBVT at Convention

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 22:05:53 +0200

Billbrpt@AOL.COM wrote:

> Dear Institute Director and List:
>
> I regret to inform you that I have decided not to attend the Annual
> Convention in Arlington.  I have several reasons for this but the ultimate
> deciding incident occurred late last week.  I was trying to find an
> opportunity to have the EBVT heard in a public performance.  ...... etc..etc..
> ad absurdum..

Bill... What can I say... ??? Hmmmm..

First let me say it is both a bad decision on your part and a sad one for the
tuning community at large that you are not going to the national. Second let me
say once again that you defeat yourself.. you yourself are by far the worst enemy
you could possibly have. My freind... the world is full of all kinds of assorted
shit (please excuse the word list). Some of it our own, some of it others. That
is the way of things. Personal politics and organizational politics real or
imagined... its all part of the game. You can not change that. In fact the only
thing you can do about that is decide how you will deal with it, and you choose
the most self destructive of paths possible.

You underestimate the interest in your efforts, and you wayyyyyy over estimate
the importance of those who you consider to be your "enemies". Most of these in
fact are not enemies at all... they just cant abide all this ranting and raving..
and understandbly so. If you would (could ??) just stop all this periphial
pladicating (grin) and work through a positive attidude, accepting the world for
what it is while trying to exert that particular influence you are so passionate
about, you might actually find yourself really accomplishing something.

In short... It dont make a hoot of difference who disagrees with you, or on what
basis that disagreement is founded with regards to HT, EBVT, what have you. The
only thing that matters is the work, the furthering of our knowledge and arts..
the contribution you are to in the end have made. Its high time you start
thinking about that instead of all this wastefull bitterness. You have so very
much to offer this world if you can work your way through it. And you have a much
larger audience then you assume... albiet an audience with flame suits ready and
at hand...grin.

Drop the crap Bill, dig in and show up at the PTG national... do your stuff and
do it well,  and for those who dont like what you have to offer.... hey... lifes
tough and then you die. But for Gods sake... stop killing yourself... its too
painfull to watch unfold.

Sheeshh... grin.

In Friendship....
--