Steinway Drinking

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 08:28:11 -0500

I'll pick up the ball...

I don't believe any adverse affects will ensue.

If the centers are still too loose after a week, you have the option for
repinning
that section. The action probably needs repinning anyway if you are keeping
the
parts, so what's the difference.

As far as the tuning pins, after the fluid in the block evaporates I don't
foresee repinning.
Even if there is slightly less torque, if it holds a tuning as well as the
rest, that's all it
has to do. being a piano of that vintage it is due for a new block anyway
if it
were to be
restrung.

Be thankful it was not lacquer thinner, no there's a mess. Water would
definitely
have caused problems.

Mineral spirits are relatively benign.

My take,