No EBVT at Convention-thanks to all

John M. Formsma jformsma@dixie-net.com
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 06:11:49 -0600

Bill,

<<To me, the aural tuning sequence of both the temperament and octaves is
surprisingly simple and the temperament sequence is constructed the way many
documented HT's are.  Yet no one, no one ever, so they say, has successfully
followed my aural tuning instructions.  There is the challenge.  They have
been published on this List more than once or twice, I think.>>

Please post the instructions again, or tell me where I can find the aural
instructions. I searched the archives under "EBVT" and found only some
charts with cents offsets for all 88 notes for a C7 and some other
piano--maybe a Walter. Having those numbers will not help me tune an EBVT
except on those pianos. I would like to understand the theory behind it in
order to try it on my pianos--a Bechstein 6' 7" and a Steinway M.

I am of at least average intelligence, and have been known to follow
directions quite well, so if you can write them clearly, I can follow them.
:-)

John Formsma
Blue Mountain, MS