Temperature Change affecting pitch

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 18:30:23 -0600

Hi,

I have been observing this for years...and it seems not quite random...the
treble side wires on unisons will all go the same way and the bass side
wires go the same way...depending on whether humidity is going *up* or
*down* so a unison would be UUU then after change might be FUS or SUF, with
the middle wire also going up and down in pitch depending on direction of
change.

At 09:54 AM 03/27/2000 PST, you wrote:
>I assume even a minor drop/rise in pitch, due to humidity changes will make
>perfect unisons go out randomly, so it will be out of tune the next day.

Regards,

drose@dlcwest.com
http://donrose.htmlplanet.com/

3004 Grant Rd.