No EBVT at Convention

Brian Trout btrout@desupernet.net
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 18:17:33 -0500

Dear Mr. Bremmer,

I am sorry to hear that you will not be attending the convention this year.
Having been looking over the schedule of classes, it would appear to have
much to offer.

I was looking forward to hearing, with my own ears, the temperament and
tuning that you would have done.  I've never heard the EBVT, and would have
liked hearing it live and in person.  I know I have been outspoken in my
personal dislike of any of the historical temperaments that I have heard (to
date), but I am not beyond listening again with an open mind.  For many
years, I did not like Chinese food.  Today I love Chinese food.  Things
change.  People grow and develop.  Some of us have even grown beyond the
Reverse Well temperament.

I have found that in many situations, one will get back what they put out.
If one resorts to name calling such as "traitor", "bigot", and persons
wanting to deliver "bodily harm" to you, it does escalate feelings of anger
and resentment, and also invokes similar feelings in people who have not
been directly accused.  I do not know Ed Foote personally, but I don't
believe you've helped your own credibility in naming and accusing him in a
public forum.

If you desire to be treated with courtesy and respect, please consider
treating others with even more courtesy and respect.  Your tongue is sharp
and your words can cut deep.  Wounded people don't tend to be as receptive
to new or different ideas.

Might I suggest you take some time to think about the root causes of why
people seem to be against your ideas.  The world we live in tends toward a
cause and effect relationship for most everything.  There is a reason for
the feedback you've been getting.  Learning and knowing what's going on in
your own life could make this earth a better place both for yourself and for
those with whom you come in contact.

Regards,

Brian Trout
Quarryville, Pa