Balaam's Ass & TuneLab

Robert Scott rscott@wwnet.net
Sun, 19 Mar 2000 12:16:32 -0500

For the record, I have no association with the web site mentioned
below.  The owner of that web site called me on the phone once about
3 years ago, asking if he could distribute TuneLab.  I told him that
since it was shareware, and I was encouraging everybody to share the
program with anybody else, I could not very well stand in his way, but
he could not represent himself as my agent or act as if he had a
special relationship with me, and as far as I know, he has complied.
Unfortunately, the version that he distributes on his CD is still version
2.0, which was the current version 3 years ago.  He has not even bothered
to follow my upgrades.  I agree with Richard Brekne's observation about
do-it-yourselfer's getting a hold of the program, that

"Those very few who start off this way and start tuning for money either fall
quickly off the wayside, or become interested and eventually become
professionals."

TuneLab is not designed for do-it-yourselfers, and I have not taken
any steps to promote the program among the non-professional community.
However, by reading rec.music.makers.piano, I see that a few amateurs
have gotten a hold of AccuTuners too.

-Robert Scott
 Real-Time Specialties