jig for keytops

Stan Kroeker stan@pianoexperts.mb.ca
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 16:11:51 -0600

Hi all,

I haven't read all of the postings on this thread so please forgive me
if this is repetitious.  I, for one, miss Bill Spurlock and Fern Henry
terribly!  My shop is full of their jigs (some homemade, some bought)
which has contributed immeasurably to my profitability.

Regarding key recovering jigs:  Bill wrote a series of articles for the
journal some years ago (now available in one of the reprint books) on
all aspects of keytop replacement;  removing old tops, milling keysticks
to preserve original height, removing keyfronts quickly and precisely,
laying out and gluing new tops, trimming sides AND notches, etc.

I've said it before and will repeat, unless you wish to re-invent the
wheel on many repairs and rebuilding procedures, purchase the entire set
of reprint books (now available on CD).

Regards,

Stan Kroeker
Registered Piano Technician