Son of the Return of Scale =

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 22:47:53 -0600

Well heck,
Just when you think it's safe to go out there again, something like this
happens. Besides the three inches of sleet (it (sleeted (slat (slut ?)?)?)
all day), my last piano today was another equal tension scale critter. A
Young Chang G-175 sn#G014528, 15 years old, had the characteristic speaking
length changes on the treble bridge.

This one belongs to my neighbor across the street so, what with her being
sort of used to me and all that, I have a good chance of being able to
convince her to let me spend another hour in her living room taking scale
measurements. I am still curious about this scaling philosophy, if not
convinced of it's validity, and would like to get a look at the numbers
through the whole scale - bass and all.

After all these years, I see two examples of this within about a week.
Either the Gods are picking on me, or I've actually seen hundreds of them
and only recently noticed. Looks like about even odds so far.

I guess it's true. Entertainment, like gold, is where you find it.

In anticipation of next week,

Ron N