Automotive finishes

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 09:35:28 -0500

At 09:37 PM 03/13/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>Hey there...
>
>I'm working on applying a black lacquer finish over what was a
>light walnut studio upright.  The finish was damaged enough that
>any repair would still look like patch work so filling and
>sanding it down and shooting it with black lacquer seemed the
>most economical solution.  I'll rub it down and it should have a
>nice satin look.
>
>As I was working on this project today a thought occurred to me.
>What would it be like to apply an automotive finish to a piano?
>Polyester seems to be impractical for the small shop if you want
>a glossy finish, but a glossy automotive finish might be the
>ticket.  It would be harder than lacquer, more resistant to
>scratches, and have a poly-like appearance.  It would also be a
>more practical and workable material to spray in a small shop.
>
>Anybody ever experimented with this?  What do you think?
>
>Rob Goodale, RPT
>Las Vegas, NV

PianoLac was conceived and perfected by a piano refinisher
and is the best ,  no; THE best product on the market.

I just did a spray-over repair on moving damage and was on the phone
with Arthur yesterday extolling the outstanding results of the product.

One benefit of this water-borne finish is that you will not have a
reaction from the old finish as you might with spraying lacquer.
And no fumes.

PianoLac  -  Refinishing Made Easy
(914) 855-0996
mailto:gutlo@bestweb.net

If it gets any easier, everyone will want to refinish.  <g>

Regards,

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.
mailto:jonpage@mediaone.net