Wee Aeolian Spinet Player

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 00:08:44 -0600

> terry,
>     I have one that I tune. Make sure you have a string tied to your mutes
> so they won't fall down behind the player mechanism (from experience). The
> tuning isn't easy because of the lousy tone and inharmonicity.
>
> Good luck.
>
> Dennis

Terry,
    That is because of the mutes that have been dropped down in there
before. :)
      And on a more serious note, if the player "tray" has to be pulled
forward, sooner or later the "high quality rubber" tubing and hoses that
Aeolian used will become brittle and break with the movement.         Make
sure the client understands this and won't hold you accountable if the
tubing ends up looking like cracked macaronni.  You can quiclky tell if this
might happen by feeling the tracker bar tubing.   If it is still pliable to
touch you might get away with pulling the mechanism forward wo cracking the
tubing.  ---ric