Tight upright DC installations

Jay Mercier jaymercier@hotmail.com
Sun, 12 Mar 2000 19:59:45 PST

I just recently installed a DC on both a U1 and a 45" Steinway, both within
the piano.  The U1 install wasn't all that tight except for the dehumidifier
rod - it comes very close to rubbing against the middle pedal's vertical
rod.
The steinway's system was hung up above the trapwork and the owner was quite
pleased that I didn't have to drill through the soundboard and charge extra
for a more expensive unit.  However, I bet not all Steinway consoles allow
enough room.

Jay Mercier