The Client CAN!

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Sun, 12 Mar 2000 16:14:19 -0500

Ron and everyone,

Not only does it save the client the cost of a service call; it saves me the
time and energy of going out to fix it.  That's significant for those of us who
have too much work already.

After making a call or two to retrieve coins, guitar picks, paper clips, or
pieces of dried flower arrangements from between sticking keys, it's something
I suggest they check out themselves.  "Is the neighboring key sticking, too?
It is?  Then maybe you can fix this yourself.  Take a flashlight and shine it
between...."  You know the rest.  This sometimes works, although it is
frequently something else instead and I need to go out anyway.

The next question -- If I need to go out, how much should I bend my schedule
around to get there as soon as possible?  My general rule of thumb -- If they
call me within 12-24 hours, get there fast.  If they've been putting up with it
for the last month, it is not an emergency and I'll do it when I'm in the area,
within the next week or so.

Clyde