Kimball damper rod hangers

Arlie D. Rauch adarpub@midrivers.com
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 16:50:59 -0700

I've recently run across two vertical Kimballs with broken damper rod
hangers.  They broke off right at the rod.  It seems that the hanger
near the rod split perhaps gets more abuse than any of the others and
eventually gives up.

Are there any repairs for this unique to Kimball?  What is the best
repair?  At the time I remedied it by drilling out the stuck end and
replacing it with a modified hinge pin.  They're working now, but I
don't know for how long.

Arlie
Arlie D. Rauch
Glendive, MT

If you have nothing better to do, check out
http://members.tripod.com/~Turbooster/.  You'll be glad you did.