Keys

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 23:41:09 -0600

>How can I see the difference between plastic and celluloid?

Easiest way is by burning samples. The celluloid fireball will try to eat you.

>  Are ivory, plastic, and celluloid the only types of keys?

KeyTOPS, specifically naturals. There are, or have been, wood and bone
keytops as well.

>What is celluloid made out of?
>Matthew

Cellulose nitrate, or gun cotton. It can be made by dipping cotton in (I
think) a mixture of nitric and sulfuric acid. Or is it just nitric?

BTW, how about disabling your ".vcf" attachments when you post to the list.
I've currently got about 19 of them piled up on my drive and definitely
know who you are by now.

Ron N