Pearle River

robert goodale rrg@nevada.edu
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 16:00:50 -0800

Buyer beware.  Quality is VERY inconsistant.  Some seem to be pretty good,
others are pretty scary.  Models shown in places like NAMM are always
specially prepped and look and play much better than what gets delivered in
the crate.  One of the biggest problems I have noticed is with the finish.
The polyester is so thin that it is exceptionally suseptable to chipping.
Our dealer here, (who has since decided to stop carrying them), had one
recently that developed a huge (about a square foot) bubble under the poly
on a lid.  Pearl River does not undercoat and prime the pianos before
applying the poly coat so it sometimes doesn't stick.  Our local finish
touch-up man from Furnature medic does excellent poly repair work.   He now
refuses to work on Pearl River finishes because he says that they are too
poor quality and thin to work with.

Rob Godale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV