Tight upright DC installations

piano@villagehost.com piano@villagehost.com
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 08:29:10 -0500

>I am interested in the list's wisdom regarding DC installations in
>Yamaha U1s and Steinway uprights.
>Yamaha U1: the kick board is rather tight, with insufficient space
>at the top for the fill tube. What do you do?

Hi

I cut a notch  |_  in the corner of the kick board to allow room for
the fill tube and wire. I use a small X-Acto Razor Saw to cut the
notch. Get the angles at 90 degrees and it looks fine. I always give
my customers the option of this or putting the fill tube up by the
tuning pins, an option I advise against. I am aware that there are
some people out there that would not be happy with someone
taking a saw to their shiny new piano, but I have yet to  run into a
customer that was not comfortable with the notch option.

Michael Musial
Reedsville Pa