Cross-eyed SAT user

John M. Formsma jformsma@dixie-net.com
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 19:40:38 -0600

<<Now if Al could only program the SAT to fix the false beats, voice
the hammers, etc. we could take a nap while we're tuning <grin>!>>

This was told for truth. A tooner came in, set his strobe tuner on the
piano, and actually took a nap. The lady asked him what he was doing, to
which he replied that the electronic tuner was tuning the piano. There have
been rumors about this fellow, and I would not be surprised at all if this
story were true. Sigh...

As for the original question, the SAT II sometimes has that problem. What I
learned to do was to look for a steady pattern to appear. Whenever there was
a lot of LEDs on due to whatever, you could still see a slight pattern
forming when the note was there. Just a matter of knowing what to look for,
I suppose. Look quickly. Since the sound dies away so fast, there is not
much time on some pianos.

John Formsma
Blue Mountain, MS