Cross-eyed SAT user

Brian Trout btrout@desupernet.net
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 09:29:02 -0500

> Now if Al could only program the SAT to fix the false beats, voice
> the hammers, etc. we could take a nap while we're tuning <grin>!

And turn that danged tuning lever too!!!

Sometimes when a customer sees me using my laptop (with TuneLab), I'll tell
them that yes, it's one of the tools I sometimes use when I tune.  I also
tell them that I'd gladly trade places with the computer and let IT do the
cranking on those pins.  To my way of thinking, turning and setting every
single pin is really the harder part of the job of tuning.  <But yes,
wouldn't it be great if the little machines could file a set of hammers,
voice them, regulate the action, aw heck, why not even polish the keys for
them, all in addition to the tuning, while we sit and have conversation, a
snack and a refreshing beverage with the owner.>

Now, back to reality...  but I'm sure I'll have another nice trip in the
fall.... aaarrrggghhh.... sorry, I couldn't help myself.

See ya,

Brian T.