Undercovers

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Wed, 08 Mar 2000 07:35:24 -0500

I'm not Bob, but I will respond anyway.  :-)  There are several reasons why
I and other technicians might install a partial system.  First, a complete
system looks hazardous in a vertical that gets moved around a lot.  Second,
if I put complete systems in 5-6 high school practice rooms, the staff will
likely soon get upset.  It will seem like every other minute a kid will
say, "Hey, the light's blinking in room __," which will get old really
really fast.  It's hard enough just to try to keep partial systems plugged
in.

Third, we must remember that there are families with growing children who
want to give their children a shot at piano lessons but are already
stretched to the limit for a cheap piano and lesson costs.  Many of them
won't even see their way clear for a partial system, but if they can, it's
a great improvement over nothing at all.  You are right, of course, that a
complete system works better.

Whether or not people will water the piano depends on how much they care.

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger, RPT