Cracked plate

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Sat, 4 Mar 2000 21:56:38 -0600

Hi Berely,
    Where did the plate break?  Pierce says Auto Piano was build by Kohler
and Cambell.   I assisted repairing a broken plate in one (K&C) without
welding.  I kept it for 7  years as a rental before selling it. (with full
disclosure and guarantee for 2 more years.   Perhaps this plate can be
repaired even if a weld has been attempted.  Its simple, takes less than 3
hours.     ---ric

----- Original Message -----
From: Berley A. Firmin II <Firman1@prodigy.net>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Friday, March 03, 2000 5:12 PM
Subject: Cracked plate

Hi all:
I am in desperate need of another plate for an Autopiano upright. I
subcontracted from a PTG member to restore the player mechanism for the
piano, which he was to refinish and re-string. I just received a call from
him saying he had it re-finished and had just re-strung it and broght it up
to A-440. He says that after a few days the plate just cracked. He had a
welder repair it, but it broke again.
    The make is Autopiano. Serial number 78088. Cast into the plate below
the first bass pin is: BX
    In the bottom center is W         15    and     J  (1 or 7) 0
46 Bass strings.
Would anyone have a plate to replace this? Or Suggestions?!!!
Mr. Berley Antoine Firmin II
Bayou La Combe, Louisiana
FIRMAN1@prodigy.net