EZ quiz

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 19:16:29 -0600

----- Original Message -----

> Brian Trout
> Quarryville, PA

> Was one or both of the lyre sticks loose enough to be rubbing against the
> sides of their holes?

Sticks do have some movement in sockets, but that's not it.  Most loose lyre
braces I've heard might cause a groan, anyway. This was a high pitched
squeak.

> Was there a damper slightly rubbing against the plate?

No, noise was not from inside.

> Was one or more of the glue joints of the lyre coming loose?

No, it was completely tightened and refinished in it's recent rebuild. No
cracks in finish to indicate any movement.

Conrad Hoffsommer

Early to rise, early to bed,
Makes a man healthy, but socially dead.