Tone Regulating was PA state convention... help

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Fri, 03 Mar 2000 17:52:50 +0100

Gina Carter wrote:

> Well geez Richard,
>
> My feeling was that Bob made the statement:

> regulate the action at concert

Grin... I would have to aggree with that feeling... he did in fact make that
statement.. And I am still not sure how to interpret this particular
formulation. I get stuck on the placement and use of the word "precede"

> My feeling is that my reply spoke to that statement. You must not have had
> the privilege of attending one of Fred's or Joe's classes.

You seem to be a person who is very in touch with your feelings. :))  I have not
had the privilege of attending any of Joe's or Fred's classes, tho I hope to
rectify that soon enough. Your reply of course was excellent and quite to the
point, as you saw the point to be.

I just thought we had gotten our feet a bit wet with this buisness of how
manipulating timbre through tuning can be looked at as a voicing tool. And I got
a bit excited as this is a neat part of tuning I know far to little about and
have only just heard a couple discussions on the matter. I play around a lot
with the idea and its something that I believe has helped me begin to hear more
and more partial relationships selectively as I tune. Its amazing how many ways
it is possible to "hear" an octave, and what then we can potentially use that
ability for is equally so.

But.... I guess I will have to wait until another thread on this line gets
started...

Skål, Gina  :)

> Off to do some tone regulating now. :-)

Do you do this with feeling as well  ? (couldnt resist,, grin )

--
Richard Brekne
Associate PTG, N.P.T.F.