D damper

Joe & Penny Goss imatunr@primenet.com
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 20:55:53 -0900

Paul,
Two things, did you level the strings and did you find that one string =
was more at fault?
If so the string can be influenced toward the damper (side ways ) as =
well as leveled.
Joe Goss
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Paul=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2000 9:24 AM
  Subject: D damper

  Conrad and list.
  Did you get the tricord damper on the treble side of the break on That =
Steinway D to stop leaking? If so, how'd you do it? I just finished a =
call on a 1975 D with the same problem. I tried some alignment and felt =
straightening techniques to no avail. It worked properly before, but the =
customer wanted the back action regulated to improve uniform damping. =
Overall the results were great except for this one damper. What did I =
miss?

  Paul Chick
  Plainview MN