Pianos at Sea

DGPEAKE@AOL.COM DGPEAKE@AOL.COM
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 02:52:04 EST

In a message dated 03/01/2000 10:16:37 PM Pacific Standard Time,
rrg@nevada.edu writes:

<<
 Does anyone know who the tech is that services these
 instruments?  Does anyone on this list service cruise ship
 pianos?  I would imagine that there are probably some interesting
 piano tech problems in this kind of environment.  Servicing these
 would seem to me like an interesting contract.

 Rob Goodale, RPT
 Las Vegas, NV

 A few years ago I serviced several pianos with another technician on a
cruise ship that was docked in Portland for overhaul.  The pianos were
Yamaha's and Kawai's.  All I can remember is as soon as I entered, the band
rehearsing stopped immediately for me to tune the piano. Try that for a
touring band at your local hop and stop. I also remember that is was hard to
find someone who spoke English.  We did well with sign language.  A good
experience and would love to do it again.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland Chapter
Oregon City, OR