Capstan Alignment

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 00:05:48 -0600

> Sometimes those old upright action brackets have more than one indentation
on
> their undersides.  It would be very simple to feel with your finger if
> there's more than one hole on the bottom.  If there is, try the other one
> before you go moving 88 capstans.
>
> Lisa Weller

I can't say I have never encountered one because I never knew about this
"feature".  Most of the time I don't take the action out so I wouldn't know
if it had it or not.  On the other hand, because I have never seen this on
the actions I have had out and put back in, does this mean they are as
scarce as hens teeth? ---
ric  cleanasahenstooth.