Dampp-Chaser

Doug Mahard nlm@csu.cted.net
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 07:16:39 -0500

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Pat Neely=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Tuesday, February 29, 2000 10:14 PM
  Subject: Dampp-Chaser

  To those who install dampp-chasers, A customer moved and had her =
dampp-chaser unplugged so I put in a new liner  and filled it up with =
water after a bit I check the rods the de-humidifier rod was hot and the =
humidifer was cold, check to be sure the d-h was plugged in to the d-h =
side of the thermostat  it was  so why is the de-h rod getting hot in my =
climate it should rarely come on?  your input will be appreciated  Thank =
you Pat Neely

  Hi Pat,

  Pat Ralph is correct about the micro environment.  No matter what the =
outside environment is doing the DC is set up to basically cycle through =
dehumidifing and humidifing.  This is why I carry a hairdryer with me on =
installations.  After installing a new system sometimes it immediately =
calls for dehumidification, the low water light will be blinking because =
I haven't added any H2O yet, but the dry pad light(smart bar) won't =
activate until the system calls for humidification.  So a minute or two =
of the hairdryer blowing on the humidistat changes it over to call for =
humidity.  The dry pad light starts to blink and I know everything is =
hunkydory.

  Hope this is helpful.

  Doug Mahard