Polishing Hinges

David Ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 14:55:15 -0700

You do much hinge buffing on the road?  ;->

David I.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Terrence Bogue
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2000 11:43 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Polishing Hinges

Try this, remove hinge from piano. In shop- Use a buffing wheel with red
rouge applied to it (not to much rouge).On the road-  I have a 110-115
volt two speed motor with a flexible 1/2" shaft, with 2-,8 inch diameter
1/2" wide  buffing wheels put together. I can carry this with me. The
motor is mounted on a pivoting round stool. American Piano Supply has
buffing wheels and rouge as other Supply houses do also. My flexible
shaft is from Sears. Motor with two speeds can  be found at a electrical
supply house.
Hope this might help,
Terry Bogue Assoc.
Connecticut chapter