?

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 09:16:13 EDT

In a message dated 6/29/00 10:24:15 PM Central Daylight Time,
lesbart1@juno.com writes:

<< Not being a machine tuner, I don't really know how to convince someone
 that a pitch raise is necessary.  Also, some people say they can do a
 pitch raise, a second pass, and be done with it. Others say, NO- it takes
 three tunings, sometimes, more.  I'm confused..............
 les b >>

Without being able to show a customer how far off the piano is, the only
thing you can do is the guilt trip on how long it was between tunings.
(Personally I don't think 18 month is a long time, but then it all depends on
what happened to the piano in the mean time).

There has been a lot of talk about how many times through a piano for a pitch
raise, or if it can be done in one appointment. I can do a pitch raise and
tune a piano in one appointment It takes me about an hour, or a little
longer. But, I do recommend another tuning in no more than 6 months. Now, how
many tunings will it take before the piano is stable?  That will take at
least three tunings, but over a period of 2 years.

Willem