Pedal rod problem

Kristinn Leifsson istuner@islandia.is
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 13:30:04 +0000

Hi list,

Iīm having some trouble with a Zimmermann (two nīs?) pedal rod.
Itīs the rod for the right pedal and itīs making a hell of a noise.  I know
whatīs wrong, itīs pretty obvious.
The rod is held in place by a spring thingee thatīs giving it a lot of side
pressure and over time all of this has started to go awry.
The rodīs under so much pressure that itīs emanating a lot of squeaky noise
when the pedal is pressed.  If I put my hand on the rod while pressing the
pedal I can feel a lot of vibration.
I was thinking that maybe the best thing to do is to make a piece with a
hole in it that the rod goes through, and doesnīt apply such side pressure
to  the rod.

Help, I told her Iīd ask the world.

Kristinn Leifsson,
Reykjavík, Iceland