Steinway style rep lever springs

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 08:44:19 -0400

At 07:55 AM 06/27/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>Jim & Avery,
>
>Sorry, I've made a mistake.  I'll tell you what I saw...
>
>I used to do quite a bit of ordering from the Apsco catalog.  I was looking
>for a set of wippens a while back and happened upon a listing for Renner
>wippens for Steinway, and then the next listing was Renner wippens for
>Steinway with adjusting screws.  But upon looking in the price list, all I
>found was that heartbreaking word, "discontinued".
>
>Evidently, I made the mistake of believing that since Apsco discontinued it,
>that it was no longer available.  But now that I found a Renner price sheet,
>the Steinway wippens with the fine adjustment screw are listed!  (I also now
>see an item called "Steinway Turbo".  I can't wait to find out what that one
>is!
>
>Anyway, sorry for the misinformation.  I  stand corrected.  :-)
>
>Brian Trout
>Quarryville, PA
>btrout@desupernet.net

I like the adjusting screw on these but you still have to initially rough
them in by weakening
the spring. Actually I've found them too strong and have straightened out
the 'dog-leg' in the wire
and giving it more of an upwards curve so that it engages the Teflon nut on
the front side
rather than the back.

Regards,

Jon Page,   piano technician