String coupling.

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 02:10:24 -0500

> Another variable which is rarely discussed is the behavior of a VTD
display
> in the presence of more than one frequency. Does the VTD display the lower
> pitch, the higher pitch, the average pitch, the loudest pitch, or a random
> combination of all the above? This is an important question to ask, isn't
> it? Do we know the answer? I don't think we do.
> Kent Swafford

I would like to know if the pick up device measures differently from others.
A microphone is most used.  I wonder what the readings would be from a
magnetic pickup, or a ceramic pickup, or a PZM?

Then too if variances are being observed  the machine must be some how
tested.  If compared to another machine that is one way.   I haven't heard
how close the SAT and RCT come with inharmonicity measurements.  Of course
these could be compared to "lab" instruments.  I did not get to see what
exactly these were in the thesis Don mentions.  If the names or types of
machines  could be gotten and the set up and procedures and the data
collecting detailed, we could get a better idea for comparrison.  I know
what was used in the 50's by Robert Young, but these are outdated unless
there are modern models being used.   ---ric