Smoke Damage

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 21:33:06 -0500

>Because it was corrosive to metal parts. Strings, springs and pins to be
>exact. It is not something that shows up right away from what I remember.

Something occurs to me. If a smoked piano is ozoned and the smell goes
away, the smoke doesn't. It stays, and is corrosive. Is it the ozone that's
the problem, or the smoke residue, for which the ozone gets the blame?
True, the ozone may accelerate the corrosion process already under way, but
is it really the cause?

Ron N