pianotech-digest V2000 #561--Pea Green Wurly

JStan40@AOL.COM JStan40@AOL.COM
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 16:11:26 EDT

In a message dated 06/22/2000 4:00:17 PM Central Daylight Time,
owner-pianotech-digest@ptg.org writes:

<< Ron N,
 At 09:47 22-06-00 -0500, you wrote:
 >>De Kalb _is_ in corn country.  Is that "John Deere" green?
 >>Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician -mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu

 >Nope, it's not that bright. It's a very definite dull, uninspiring pea
 soup...

 Del's explanation of Army drab green sounds closer, then.  Pea with a hint
 of cream. ;-}

Ron, Conrad,

This discussion takes me back 35 years to my Army Band days--and might I
inform you that we also used "Olive Drab," (correct technical term, I
believe) as a descriptive term concerning the tone color of a contrabassoon!

Sorry, couldn't help myself!

Stan Ryberg
Barrington IL