sluggish hammers on spinet

Dave Hall keyboard@cysource.com
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 07:20:59 -0500

Actually it wouldn't be painting myself in a corner.  The DamppChaser was
just a suggestion since it seems fairly obvious that it is one possibility
and hadn't been mentioned by all the experts up to that point.  I avoid the
unhappy customer problem by first diagnosing what is causing the sticking
(usually not to difficult to figure out after 40 years of doing this sort of
thing, including almost 25 of them servicing for Wurlitzer dealers), then
listing the possible cures and their probability of success in ascending
order of repair cost and after a thorough discussion with the customer we
decide on a mutually agreeable course of action, usually starting with the
least expensive procedure that is the most likely to succeed.

I didn't think it was necessary to explain all of the above because I just
assumed that all responsible technicians followed a somewhat similar plan
and therefore did not require such a detailed descriptions of how to solve a
fairly common problem.

Dave