Bach and E.T. or W.T.

Tony Caught caute@optusnet.com.au
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 15:28:34 +0930

 Hi List

Clive Grant is a friend of mine who has never seen this list before.  he =
is so impressed with the comments made by all and sundry that he felt =
that he has to put something into it whilst he has access to a computer.

At present ,Clive is holidaying with me in Darwin. Clive is another =
Australian, live in Coffs Harbour in NSW and is now considering buying =
his first computer just so he can talk to you. He's old fashioned aural =
tuner who hates electronics.
Tony Caught ICPTG
Australia
caute@optusnet.com.au

 Further to an enquiry by Vinny, Bill Bremmer wrote a very informative =
reply outlining the differences between historic temperaments and =
today's E.T. and signs off with "Let's get back to the future, not the =
Dark Ages".        Historic temperaments have the same problems today as =
they did in the Dark Ages (before E.T.)  when pianos had to be re-tuned =
to the different keys favoured by various composers.

 No one would doubt the value of playing and tuning to these historic =
temperaments but if they are heavily promoted to musicians we could find =
even more acoustic pianos traded for electronic keyboards with H.T.'s =
available at the press of a button.         =20

 My apprentice has concerns for his future as a piano tuner and is =
considering a career in electronics. I will find it difficult to replace =
him.

Clive Grant

C/O caute@optusnet.com.au