sluggish hammers on spinet

Kwkeys@AOL.COM Kwkeys@AOL.COM
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 22:33:21 EDT

Dave,

The Wurlitzer (and Baldwin) approved mixture of silicone and VM&P Naphtha
(1:8 ration works fine) has worked successfully for me on Wurlitzers of this
vintage for years. I started my career with a Wurlitzer dealer in a humid
area so I was able to really test this stuff myself. There were exhaustive
studies by Wurlitzer on this that convinced me that the treatment was a very
viable solution with no harmful effects on the action, cloth, or piano as
long as the solution was not allowed on the strings or tuning pins. I
normally remove the action and FULLY lubricate (saturate) all action centers.

I would be very surprised if you did not experience immediate, long-term
results.

Kent Webb