Test blows

Kristinn Leifsson istuner@islandia.is
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 12:13:00 +0000

Hi Clyde

You know, test blows donīt necessarily have to be hard on your body.

If you stand while tuning, for example in the treble, you can get quite a
good blow just with the momentum of the arm.  Use the 2nd, 3rd and 4th
fingers on the notes to lessen the impact on them and keep the shoulder and
wrist relaxed.
Donīt lift the shoulder or anything, just give the arm the ol' hinge movement.

I sometimes realize that my muscles are straining in mid tuning and this
helps, but then again, Iīm young and healthy! :)

Kristinn