Yamaha serial number location

John Lillico, RPT staytuned@idirect.com
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 01:06:35 -0400

One thing I like about Yamaha pianos is the visible location of model and serial numbers......... until today!!

Not seeing anything on the inside of this furniture style model, I immediately thought "grey market".  I searched high and low, up and down. Nada!

Then I thought, "What about the back".  Sure enough, I felt the indentations. Turns out to be a model M214, #B123695 and never tuned since new. At a dollar a cent for pitch raising, I came home $70. to the good.

The questions of the day are--- Why are these numbers not comsistently placed in the same place and, what does the "B" stand for?

John Lillico, RPT
Oakville, Ontario