Customer Ratio/how about the customer's view on this

Larry J Messerly prescottpiano@juno.com
Sun, 18 Jun 2000 21:32:34 -0700

I do strongly suggest to all clients to have a humidity control system
installed.

When I first began offering these, I only suggested them to clients that
I thought would be more likely to afford them.  Then I realized that I
was doing a dis-service to my spinet, old console and upright owning
clients.  I realized that this was probably the only piano that they
would ever own, and why was I not suggesting something to them that would
improve tuning stability and the life of the instrument.

Now everyone gets information on humidity control systems.

BTW I just installed my first G8PS-50-SHB-B in a Petrof II.  It is in a
church and we have left a note to unplug the system before services and
to plug it in afterwards.  I have sent a suggestion to Dampp-Chaser to
have a two level warning system with the buzzer.  I would like to see the
lights come on at one level of water in the reservoir and the buzzer at a
lower level.   That way the church would not have to unplug the system to
avoid a buzzer sounding during services.  I have also thought about
putting this system on a timer set to be off only during services, but
figured with power outages that this would not work.

Larry