Customer Ratio

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Sun, 18 Jun 2000 21:40:38 -0400

Martin,

My experience is that the number of retunings will be much higher if you
take the initiative of contacting the clients rather than waiting for them
to contact you.

In the introductory letter I send to new clients prior to the first
appointment, one thing I mention is that we can discuss the desired service
frequency for the piano.  At the time of the first tuning I ask them when
they would like to have the piano tuned next, and we discuss
recommendations, their need, etc.

I promise to call them when they want the next tuning (assuming it's not a
piano I want to avoid).  This is one of the features of my business that
clients seem to like a lot.  It's one less thing they have to try to keep
track of.

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger, RPT
Lititz, PA, USA