National holiday non booty earthquake rain day

Kristinn Leifsson istuner@islandia.is
Sun, 18 Jun 2000 04:54:57 +0000

Hi list,

well it was the national holiday on the 17th.  We had good weather the
first part of the day but it started to rain in the evening.
Oh I almost forgot, we had an earthquake which was 6,5 on the Richter scale
about six o'clock.  No one was very seriously hurt but there was
considerable damage to some houses near the epicenter which is near a
couple of villages in the countryside.

What really bugs me about this is that there is a three year old Steinway C
quite close to the epicenter which I will be tuning next weekend for
concerts three days in a row.  I just hope itīs still standing on three legs.

No booty though,

Kristinn