Customer Ratio

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sat, 17 Jun 2000 21:30:39 EDT

In a message dated 6/17/00 7:47:50 PM Central Daylight Time,
tuner@mediaone.net writes:

<< I'm curious as to the ratio of customers who have their pianos tuned
 every six
 months, as opposed to once a year.

 I have recently passed the six month mark of my tuning career and wonder
 what
 I can expect in the way of retunings.

 Thanks.

 Martin Dubow >>

For some reason, I never did have much success getting my customers to tune
every 6 months. Oh, I do have some, but compared tot he rest of my client
list, it's very little. I would guess maybe 5 per cent.

When I first started tuning, I had the same thoughts you did. I couldn't wait
for September to roll around, (I started tuning in March). It was very
disappointed to have only a few agree to have me tune after only six months.

Don't rely on the 6 months clients to keep you in business. Keep working to
build your clientele. In fact, don't ever stop trying to build your
clientele. You constantly have to work on building your business.

Willem