Left Handed Nuts!

Marc Damashek mdamashek@erols.com
Sat, 17 Jun 2000 15:18:07 -0400

>EtAl;
> I am in need of some left handed or 'reverse threaded' nuts...specifically
>in size 1/2" X 20. After searching all my catalogs and the World Wide Wait I
>have found plenty of sites that are ....shall we say 'different' :-) such as
>"lefties and descent into darkness" ???? And places where I can special order
>several thousands of "custom" nuts...the hardware type :-), but none where I
>can find/buy just a dozen or so..............any sources or ideas out
>there.....about the "hardware" type nuts-???
>Jim Bryant

Jim:

Call MSC Industrial Supply Co. 800 645-7270 (incomplete Web site,
under development: www.mscdirect.com). Good telephone service, fast
delivery, no hassles. I recall that they may have a minimum, but it
was reasonable (maybe $25.00).

They list a range of LH sizes (you didn't really mean 1/2 x 20, did you?):

Lefthand Plain Steel Jam Nuts
#67478040 1/4-20 $5.88/100
#67478206 1/2-13  35.18/100
and many others as well.