QUESTION: New hammers on Yamaha C3

John Gunderson jgunderson@monmouth.com
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 08:45:25 -0400

I have a customer, a fairly accomplished piano player, who has a 15 yr
old Yamaha C3.  She wants to have  new hammers installed.  I am
concerned about which hammers to choose to come as close to the original
yamaha sound as possible, but more importantly to preserve the
touch-weight.  I have experience using Renner Premium Blue, but my
instincts tell me that these may not be the right choice (especially
with regard to touch-weight).  I'm leaning towards getting hammers
directly from Yamaha but I have no experience with their hammers.  I
would appreciate any imput.  Thanks.

John Gunderson,  Associate member
North Jersey Chapter